On-Demand Youth Leadership Program: Climate Change – Student application
The On-Demand Youth Leadership Program (ODYLP): Climate Change is an initiative of the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA)and administered by Legacy International. The program includes a three-week virtual exchange program from January 16 to February 6, 2022, followed by three months of designing and implementing community action plans.
Participating countries include: Denmark, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom and USA. Between 4-5 high school students from each country and one adult mentor will be competitively selected to participate and gain valuable training in community leadership and environmental sustainability.
Student applicants must:
- Be between 15 and 18 years old by December 1, 2021;
- Be a citizen of Sweden, Finland, Denmark, or the United Kingdom (Individuals with dual U.S. citizenship are not eligible for this program);
- Be living in home country at the time of the exchange and during the follow-on component;
- Have strong written and oral English language skills;
- Demonstrate interest in environmental sustainability and related subject areas and how it can be applied to improve local conditions;
- Demonstrate initiative, strong communication skills, and have an energetic and positive attitude;
- Have the ability to work cooperatively in a team and be open to various opinions and perspectives;
- Commit to the follow-on application of their learning in one or more areas (e.g., peer education workshop, service project, career panels, etc.); and
- Have permission from parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to participate in the program.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have not previously traveled to the United States.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously traveled outside of his/her home country on any ECA-funded program within the past three years or accepted a scholarship for an impending U.S. Government-funded exchange program.
There is no application fee.