Are you a female stem leader in the Washington DC area?
Do you want to give back and coach a group of young women on community-based projects?
Do you have experience mentoring younger women in leadership, community action and tech career development?
Legacy International is selecting seven “Impact Coaches” for the 2018 summer program. Each Impact Coach will work with a group of four TechGirls to help them develop action plans for community-based projects they will enact when they return home. Projects are usually participant -driven and examples include:
- Computer basics for younger students
- Career panels highlighting women in STEM
- Service projects that promote youth engagement and education – health walks, environmental clean ups, awareness campaigns
As an Impact Coach with TechGirls, you will have the opportunity to:
- Impact the life of adolescent girls from the Middle East/North Africa region
- Make meaningful, lasting connections with future global leaders
- Network with other like-minded professionals in your field
2018 Estimated Time Commitment
Two hours on July 11, July 13 or July 14
One hour via zoom or Skype on July 27
Two to three hours on afternoon of July 30