TechGirls teams up with several private sector partners for a day of job shadowing.
In 2019, we are looking for Job Shadow hosts in Washington DC metro area July 11, 2019 for our MENA leaders and in Southwest Virginia for our Central Asian leaders July 26, 2019. If interested in being a host, contact us
Job shadowing allows the TechGirls to:
- Gain exposure to a variety of careers in the technology sector.
- Gain a better understanding of the job elements of their career interest.
- Learn what type of education is needed to gain entry to this career.
- Make contact with a potential future employer.
- Determine if the career is compatible with their interests and abilities.
- Build opportunities for mentorships with other women in tech.
- Build confidence in young women to pursue higher education and careers in technology.
- Experience American-style work life; understand the work/life balance.
- Gain exposure to collaborative work environments and innovative thinking.
Previous partners have included the following innovative companies:
Ashoka, AT&T, Bully Pulpit Interactive, Corporation for National & Community Service, echo&co, Facebook, FCC, Google, Health and Human Services, Islamic Relief USA, iStrategies Lab, Microsoft, National Building Museum, OhMyGov Inc., Precision Network, Relief International, Synoptos, TechChange and Verizon Communications.