Our International Board of Advisors brings together leaders from the fields of development, education, government, civil society, business, foundations, and organizations from across the globe to support Legacy International’s mission by providing ongoing advice and counsel both collectively and individually to our staff and leadership.
Dr. Gomes’ professional career has been focused primarily on the formation, leadership and management of international business strategic alliances and cross cultural business strategies.
Dr. Gomes earned a Ph.D. in Public Management and International Relations from the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public and International Affairs funded on a NASA Ph.D. fellowship. His early career was in executive management positions with large international companies with senior responsibility for contracts with government leaders, royal family members and large corporations such as ARAMCO in Saudi Arabia and Mitsubishi Corporation in Japan. His executive duties have included extended assignments in France, Greece, China, Malaysia, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Russia, Brazil and Holland.
Included in his work history of more than 30 strategic alliance and joint venture agreements.
Currently, Dr. Gomes manages Gomes & Company, which is a boutique executive consulting firm engaged in a broad range of domestic and international multi-party consulting assignments mostly focused on high tech and finance start-ups, joint ventures planning, action planning workshops, organization problem solving and specialized business plan strategy and development. Dr. Gomes has also taught MBA Master’s degree courses in Start up Management, Technology Commercialization and Strategic Alliance and Joint Venture Practices (Oregon Graduate Institute – now OHSU, State University of New York (SUNY-Stony Brook – Korea Campus) and Maastricht School of Management, Maastricht, Netherlands).
Civil Society & Governance
- Hon. Les Aucoin – Les is a retired U.S. Congressman, a corporate and NGO marketing specialist; award-winning writer of books, newspapers, magazines, and radio. He is published in the Louisville Courier-Journal, Washington Post, Nashville Tennessean, The Oregonian, Seattle Times, Huffington Post, Daily Kos, Stars & Stripes. He is the co-author of “Wildfire.” a memoir to be published by Oregon State University Press in fall 2019.
- Hon. Scott Klug – Scott is a retired U.S. Congressman. Currently he is the Managing Director of Public Affairs at the national law firm of Foley & Lardner LLP. Before his career in politics, Klug was an Emmy Award winning reporter for television stations in Washington, D.C., Seattle and his native Wisconsin. He published his first novel “The Alliance” in the summer of 2013.
- Hon. Mike Kopetski – Mike is a retired U.S. Congressman. Currently he works as a domestic and international government relations consultant.
- Hon. Martin Lancaster – Martin is a is a retired U.S. Congressman. He is also a retired Attorney at Smith Anderson.
- Hon. Larry LaRocco – Larry is a retired U.S. Congressman. He currently works as the Principal/Founder at LaRocco & Associates, Inc. President, Solvo, Inc., a technology software platform that tracks new developments and announcements from the financial services industry and its regulators.
- Hon. Ron Sarasin – Ron is a is a retired U.S. Congressman. Currently he is the President and CEO at U.S. Capitol Historical Society.
Health & Medicine
- Mohammed Arif – Arif is a Head Nurse and public health activist in Essaouira Province, Morocco. He has a passion for designing and implementing outreach prevention programs through conferences, workshops, sporting events, and trainings and is determined to find ways to overcome unequal access to healthcare services in rural Morocco.
- Rachid Lamjaimer – Rachid is a public health advocate and Regional Program Manager at the Peace Corps in Morocco.
- Amita Vyas – Amita is an Associate Professor and Director of the Maternal and Child Health Program in the Department of Prevention and Community Health, at The George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services.
Education & Training
- Kenneth Cushner – Ken is an Emeritus Professor of International and Intercultural Teacher Education, served as Executive Director of International Affairs and has been Associate Dean at Kent State University (1987 – 2015). He is author or editor of several books and articles in the field of intercultural education.
- Michael Ellison – Michael is a composer and musician. He is co-founder and co-Director of Istanbul’s groundbreaking Hezarfen Ensemble, he teaches composition at the University of Bristol, UK.
- Ilona van der Hagen – Ilona works internationally as a master coach, (inner) leadership trainer and vision consultant. She strives to inspire those she serves to add sustainable value to their lives and work, while creating new ways of being and acting.
- Khaled Hassouna – Khaled is an expert in community development and an educator in sustainable environmental education. He is the Associate Director, Office of International Research, Education, and Development at Virginia Tech.
- Mary Riser – Mary has worked in Virginia independent schools for 30 years, most recently as Head of School at James River Day School, a K-8 day co-ed day school in Lynchburg, Virginia, where she served as Head for ten years.
- Lorraine “Rain” Warren – For more than 20 years, Rain has worked as a psychology scholar leading conflict resolution and peace-building dialogues, training sessions, retreats, camps and workshops for youth and adults, traveling to dozens of countries.
Religion & Philosophy
- Daniel Harrison – Senior Pastor at Church of the Covenant empowering others to action within a context of diversity and love.
- Kenneth Honerkamp – Dr. Honerkamp is a Professor in the Department of Religion at the University of Georgia at Athens. His research interests lie in the fields of teacher/disciple relationships in formative Sufism, the shared spiritual heritage of Islamic Spain and Morocco and the study and translation of letters of spiritual guidance written by Moroccan Sufi teachers.
- Jack Moline – Rabbi Moline is President of Interfaith Alliance. In a career spanning four decades, he has established himself as a powerful voice fighting for religious freedom for all Americans, regardless of their faith or belief system.
Business, Technology & Entrepreneurship
- Jean AbiNader – With decades of experience in public affairs/advocacy, international marketing, education and training, and project management in and for the Arab world, Jean founded AbiNader Advisory Services to help companies and organizations in transition manage change with training and education.
- Hasan Abassi – Hassan is the Advisor to the CEO at NanoPV Inc. in Morocco and the Country Lead for the North Africa Technical Assistance Facility (NATAF), a component of the UK Government-funded North Africa Good Governance Facility which aims to support improved stability, security and prosperity in North Africa.
- Ishrat Ali – Dr. Ali is an Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, Henry W. Bloch School of Management.
- Aissa Azzouzi – Aissa has 27 years experience, of which 15 years is as Group CFO in international mid-caps (Euronext, LSE, Nasdaq OMX) working and living in multi cultural environments and teams in Europe, USA, Canada, North Africa, and Asia.
- Shagorika Heryani – Shagorika’s career and passion is to design and manage the relationship between brands and its consumers that translates into a superior customer experience and a sustainable competitive advantage for companies.
- Murli Iyer – Murli is the Executive Advisor-Global Affairs at SAE International. He has worked and consulted for over forty years with a number of Indian and international organizations in the areas of international business development, corporate planning, strategic marketing, and cross-cultural negotiation.
- Sami Jamil Jadallah – Sami is the Founder/Executive Director of New Arab Foundation, Founder/Executive Director of the Arab Peace Corps, Director of International Health Services of Morocco, and Director of Solution One Maritime of USA.
- Ira Kaufman – Ira is a Digital Transformation Strategist, CEO, Social Entrepreneur and Educator. Ira’s 40 years of management experience spans three worlds: business, nonprofit and education. His company, Entwine Digital, works with midsize and multinationals to design values-based Digital Marketing and Transformation strategies and trains World Class Digital Leaders.
- Gabriella Kereszturi – Gabriella is Senior Lecturer in Marketing Research at Winchester Business School, UK.
- David Lee – David is a Technical Program Manager at Google in Seattle, WA.
- Jennifer Pardee – Specializing in developing growth through strategic search, visual content marketing and data integration, Jennifer has spent many years as a Digital Marketer and consultant for niche businesses looking to refine and grow their online presence through engaging content.
- Craig Phillips – Craig is a user experience designer, strategist, and writer based in Dublin, Ireland.
- Tariq Qureshi – Tariq has a degree in Economics and studied at Harvard Business School. He is a board Member and lead for all content and media activities & the CEO/Founder of MAD Talks. MAD Talks, an integrated digital storytelling platform and media brand for the emerging world.
- Sam Rasoul – With two decades of management experience with both for-profits and non- profits, Sam delivers pragmatic solutions for organizations facing disruption and change in the Digital Age.
- Joe Robinson – Joe has 43 years hands-on experience in global commerce targeting new markets highlighting investment opportunities. He is currently a consultant to companies, government agencies and universities providing guidance in export procedures, regulatory control and compliance.
- Snjezana Slabek – Snjezana is a passionate and engaging professional who thrives on empowering people too see exciting new ideas and business opportunities. She is the Founder & CEO of IVEM – Digital Learning Lab.
- Velimir Srica – Velimir is professor of management at Zagreb University in Croatia and a visiting professor at UCLA, with a PhD in IT management and an MBA from Columbia University.
- Joe Turek – Joe is the Dean of the School of Business at Christian Brothers University in Tennessee.