opens IMAGE file Founded in 1979, as the Institute for Practical Idealism and later known as Legacy International was inspired by a vision – helping people develop and refine the skills to effectively and sustainably address the needs of their societies in a way conducive to their local circumstances. This requires an emphasis on building long-lasting relationships around shared universal values.
Our work has spanned 105 countries and impacted over 700,000 people.
Building cooperative and productive lives through:
- cross-cultural training
- conflict prevention and resolution
- Social entrepreneurship
- curriculum development
- educator/ pedagogical programs
- student to student programmingopens IMAGE file
Our work touches many lives:
- We engage emerging leaders worldwide
- Our participants return home with the skills to be energetic yet practical change-agents with new vision.
- We have partnered on five continents, and have worked with individuals from more than 100 countries.
- We have equipped organizations to work more effectively in a wide range of initiatives.
- We have hosted 120 delegations in the U.S. and in other countries-and have helped participants to gain new tools and perspectives.
- We have organized more than a dozen international training and conference events.
Our Partners and Funders:
- includes government agencies, foundations, corporations
- private donors, and tuition-paying participants
- We work with scores of partner organizations that share similar visions to build working coalitions, to accomplish set goals, and to share our expertise with others.