Legacy’s Commitment to Creating COVID-Resilient Programs
Legacy International has a 40+ year track record providing safe, enriching programs. During this pandemic, our Health & Safety Team continuously monitors the global and local health advisories. In 2021, we adjusted how in-person exchange programs were delivered so preventative measures were at the forefront. Continuing into 2022, the safety of our staff, participants, program partners and their families is our priority. All staff will benefit from a rigorous training and testing as we implement these plans and once again enjoy rewarding cultural immersions. Details shared with those chosen for interviews.
POSITIONS OPEN (as of October 5, 2022):
FALL/WINTER INTERNSHIPS & VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
opens in a new windowTechGirls – Application Review Panelist opens PDF file (multiple, part time, virtual volunteer openings) – apply by Nov 21.
We have no year-round salaried positions open at this time. Check back soon. We anticipate openings to be posted in October!
INTERNSHIPS with Legacy are currently remote/virtual, with limited, optional in-person engagement for those who live near one of Legacy’s offices (Bedford, VA OR Washington, DC). Legacy International is seeking talented university students (graduate or undergraduate) or recent graduates with a passion for civic engagement and international understanding. All summer 2022 intern openings are filled. Fall opportunities will be posted in July. Check back!
Reflections from recent Legacy interns:
- “I’ve grown so much since starting this internship! This was my first internship, so I developed both my hard and soft skills. I’ll be able to take my knowledge of proposals with me along with new social media techniques. This internship is a perfect fit for a student. I gained valuable work and personal experience through a flexible and an accommodating work schedule.” ~ A.C., New Jersey. Served as TechGirls Intern
- “I think this is a great organization from which to learn about different aspects of nonprofit communications and management. Culturally, everyone is so encouraging and helpful, which makes it an exciting and supportive place to learn, work, and try new things.” ~ D.S., Virginia. Communications Intern & an alumni from a Legacy exchange program)
Thinking of applying?
- Legacy International relies on a wide array of dedicated staff, interns, and volunteers to provide a variety of programs and services that promote international understanding through our training programs, international exchanges, Global Youth Village camp, and volunteer homestay opportunities. Our staff team is Legacy’s most valued asset. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive work place, which is at the core of our mission and values. We provide a stimulating work environment and opportunities to design and participate in a wide range of programs with local, regional and global impact.
- Legacy’s policy is to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to all employment applicants and to all employees, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Accordingly, employment applicants are considered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or ancestry, gender, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, military status or any other status covered by applicable laws.
- Our Human Resources Manager works collaboratively with other Legacy staff to attract a diverse array of qualified talent that embody Legacy’s mission and values. An applicant’s qualifications are carefully evaluated along side the job requirements. If an applicant’s knowledge, skills and experience potentially fit the position, we will contact the applicant. Please know we will contact you at some point during a hiring cycle to let you know the outcome of your application with us, but due to the volume of applications received, we are not able to accept phone calls, and cannot always respond to emails in a timely fashion. We strive to keep a “human touch” back in human resources!