On-Demand Youth Leadership Program: Community service
The On-Demand Youth Leadership Program (ODYLP): Community Service is an initiative of the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), administered by Legacy International, that brings together approximately 20 youth participants (ages 15-18) and two (2) adult mentors from the Republic of Georgia for a three-week U.S.-based exchange focused on community service and engagement, youth leadership, and volunteerism.
Youth applicants must:
- Be between 15 and 18 years old by March 1, 2024;
- Be a citizen of the Republic of Georgia (Note: Individuals with dual U.S. citizenship are not eligible for this program);
- Be living in the Republic of Georgia at the time of the exchange and during the follow-on component;
- Have proficiency in English;
- Demonstrate interest in youth leadership development and community service;
- Demonstrate initiative, strong communication skills, and an energetic, positive attitude;
- Have the ability to work cooperatively in a team and be open to various opinions and perspectives;
- Commit to the follow-on application of community-based project (e.g., peer education workshop or service or service project); and
- Have permission from parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to participate in the program;
Please note: Preference will be given to individuals who:
- Have not previously traveled to the United States.
- Have not participated in any in-person ECA-funded program in the United States within the past three years or accepted a scholarship for an upcoming U.S. Government-funded exchange program.
- Family members of U.S. Embassy or Consulate staff, Department of State employees are ineligible.
There is NO application fee.