Success begins with collaboration. Over our 40 year history, we are honored to have so many good-willed people join our efforts during our exchange programs. Below is a list of partnering opportunities.
U.S Speakers and Specialists Programs Since its beginning in 1979, Legacy International has established Teams of Excellence ™ (subject matter experts who act as trainers, mentors, and fellowship hosts), and has a long track record of selecting strong US speakers and trainers who work directly with and provide professional development to foreign nationals in the US and other nations. In the past 40 years, Legacy has organized speaker visits and outbound delegations from the U.S. with the support of the U.S. Department of State to central, southern, and southeast Asia (India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan); Europe (Bosnia and Herzegovina, France, Greece, Spain, Sweden, Russia, Ukraine); and the Near East and North Africa (Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Tunisia, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia).
Professional Fellows Program – Host organizations
For over 40 years Legacy’s staff and associated Fellowship hosts have welcomed international entrepreneurs in the workplace, designed programs that are culturally sensitive and practical, with an evidenced based approach toward improving lives. These experiences increase the potential for success while helping to build capacity of local communities.
Legacy’s global network of well-placed and highly respected young professionals and social entrepreneurs in governmental and non-governmental sectors are a springboard for program expansion and scalable project models.
Partners have helped build more than 200 small and large companies and organizations in over 15 countries.
- Moroccan Public health program reduced dysentery in one village from 56% to 17% in 6 weeks.
- 82% increase in productivity and new services for 212 Russian and Ukrainian business entrepreneurs.
- Moroccan Legislative Fellow wins the Access Innovation award for training Women Parliamentarians using social media as a tool for political empowerment.
- 150 young women gain tools to support other women in dialogue on domestic violence in Egypt.
- Ukraine NGOs deliver effective campaigns for grassroots legal education, anti-corruption measures, and increasing adoption rates.
- One woman leader in Kyrgyzstan trained 16 others that brought people from eight villages with prior history of conflict together for peace building.
- Over 200 Indonesian students and teachers coordinate community development projects affecting 4000 people.
- Over 200 Iraqi youth and youth workers develop leadership and dialogue skills resulting in more secure and stable local communities.
- Legislative Fellows in Egypt participate in drafting a new Constitution.
Share Your Expertise: Adult participants meet their counterparts and exchange best practice. Our youth leaders often meet with youth counterparts and community organizations to gain leadership skills and new perspectives. We have opportunities for short meetings, networking events, job shadows and fellowship hosts, panel discussions, training sessions, and more!